Say No to Pain and Live Well!
Do you feel lethargic and experience Pain during your Work-from-Home routine? If you do, then you may have certain imbalances in your body or misalignments of your musculoskeletal functions and posture.
We want to help you get you out of Pain immediately before anything more serious happens. How can you help yourself?
Pain is never welcomed; neither is it the enemy. Pain is sometimes a necessary evil to enable you to know what has gone wrong with your body or if any of your daily activity/ies is/are irritating your condition(s). Pain is there to help us be more sensitive to our bodies. If the pain is chronic or serious, you do need professional help to adjust your musculoskeletal functions, posture or spine to relieve your conditions.
I have outlined several recommendations to help you feel and live better prior to and after seeing a chiropractor.
Key Tips to Live Better
- Sleep on your back. Sleeping on your back has the least pressure on the muscular and nervous system. If you are a side sleeper, instead of rolling from side to side, make a ‘pit stop’ on the back before you go to the other side.
- Sit with a lumbar support. As much as possible, use a lumbar support while sitting on the couch, at your desk or in the car. This accentuates the natural arches of the spine and helps to pull the head back over the body. This may feel awkward at first, but you will soon be used to it. If it starts to hurt, take it out.
- Don’t ‘look down’ at your phone/iPad/PC. We are all hooked to our beloved electronic gadgets. ‘Looking down’ at your gadgets continually causes extra spinal cord pressure, especially if your cervical spine has lost all, or some of its curve. Use a phone, iPad and notebook stand to maintain eye-level view of your gadgets.
- Eliminate deep-fried and inflammatory food. These include food with high oil, sugar, high fructose corn syrup, sodas, sweet fruit juices, high-sugar fruits and gluten (anything with wheat, such as bread, cakes, crackers, pastry, ‘kuehs’ and cereals). I am not saying you cannot ever have it, but if you want to get out of pain right now, cut it! Instead, eat plenty of non-sweet fruits and vegetables, and non-deep fried food.
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water per day. Water is necessary to support your vital body functions, including your muscles, kidney, digestion, circulation. It helps to lubricate your joints, flush out toxins, as well as aid in weight loss.
- Have adequate sleep and rest. In our hectic lives, many of us suffer from sleep deprivation. Adults below 65 years need between 7-9 hours of sleep per day; those above 65 years need 7-8 hours per day; teenagers need 8-10 hours per day; and younger children need 9 hours and more per day. Having adequate sleep is vital for cognitive growth and repair. It also protects your emotional, mental and physical health, well-being and safety.
- Think positive and maintain good relationships with people. Get rid of all negative emotions and thoughts! They are health killers and causes of many diseases. People who have positive outlook, thoughts and relationships often enjoy better health, live happier lives and have smoother careers. Positive thinking helps you with better stress management. Studies have shown that personality traits like optimism and pessimism can affect your health and well-being!
Let us help you transform your health, as you take control of your health and life.
Your Trusted Chiropractor
Dr. Nicholas Lim, D.C., ANutr, B.Sc.(Hons)
[Dr. of Chiropractic & Nutritionist]
WhatsApp :+65 9352 8828
Telephone : +65 6970 8152
Email : email@example.com